You will be aware we sought the views of passengers and our communities in relation to proposals to close ticket offices - at Hexham and at Carlisle.
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback and to those who also responded directly to Transport Focus with their views.
Read our responses here:
The consultation ends on 26 July, so please respond to the consultation if you have not already done so.
What happens next:
- will review comments received before responding to train operators,
- will scrutinise the train company proposals and any mitigations in detail
- will consider factors such as whether the station will continue to be staffed, accessibility, the alternative options for buying tickets and whether passengers will continue to be able to access station facilities like lifts, waiting rooms and toilets.
- can formally object to the proposals. An objection can only be based on specific, limited grounds. If Transport Focus does object, this doesn’t mean the proposals cannot go ahead. The train company can refer its proposal to the Secretary of State for a final decision.
- will publish our response each train company’s proposal on our website with an overview of the number of responses we have received, and the main issues raised in the consultation.