Please note that some of these facilities are NOT available on a phone or tablet presentation where alternatives may be provided by the device browser.
(Accesible at the bottom right of the page via the universal access icon - ) When you choose a new design theme (Default Theme or Contrast Theme) by clicking on the image for high contrast or normal contrast (either or ), a cookie with the name of the theme is stored on your web browser so that the next time you visit, the site is presented with the same visual appearance.
You can also change the font size by using the "Bigger Reset Smaller" also accessible via at the top right of the screen via the universal access icon -. The font size will also be remembered via a cookie between sessions and pages so you will come back to the site with the previous settings.
Please note that any external content (if present) inserted into this website e.g. a Facebook Feed, a Twitter Feed, a Google Calendar and Google maps, or videos, pdfs and images, does not change contrast with this functionality - it is beyond the capabilities of the site or the responsibility of third parties.
Most browsers support site-defined keyboard access for specified links.
- On many Windows browsers, you can press ALT + an access key followed by RETURN, or ALT+SHIFT + an access key followed by RETURN;
- On many Mac browsers, you can press CTRL + an access key or CTRL + ALT + an access key depending on the browser version.
- A full list of browser key access controls for various browsers can be found here.
These are the access keys for this site:
- m - Skip to main navigation
- 1 - Home page
- 2 - Skip to main content (desktop size screens only)
- 3 - Site map
- 4 - Skip to Search
- 8 - Terms and Conditions of Use
- 9 - Feedback form / contact us
- 0 - Access key details
The following ARIA landmark roles are used on this website:
- Banner: The page header. A region that contains mostly site-oriented content, rather than page-specific content;
- Complementary: the right Sidebar if present. A supporting section of the document, designed to be complementary to the main content, but remains meaningful when separated from the main content;
- ContentInfo: The page footer. A large perceivable region that contains information about the parent document. In this case the region is the page footer;
- Main: The main content of a document;
- Navigation: A collection of navigational elements ( links) for navigating the document or related documents.
Tab / Tabindex
There is limited use of tab keys for field ordering on this site and use depends on your browser.
No CSS Stylesheet?
The site will still present without CSS styling enabled and there are jump links to aid navigation. The jump links also appear in the accessibility bar if CSS is enabled.
Images and Slideshows
Single images have alt captions wherever possible to aid with accessibility. Slideshows may not have this functionality but a general description for the slideshow will be provided by a link or title.
Links and iframes
Each link and iframe should each have a title to aid their accessibility.
Many logos from different organisations have no alternative colour schemes when viewing in the Contrast style mode. This includes our own logo. We apologise for this. We have made every effort to ensure each logo has an alt description and/or title to describe it.