Founded in 2004, our core aim is to promote, strengthen and protect the role of the Tyne Valley railway line between Newcastle-Hexham-Carlisle for residents, tourists, employees and service providers. Working closely in partnership with Northern Railway, we provide the local ‘eyes and ears on the ground’.
- Increase public awareness of existing rail services and products;
- Promote existing rail travel opportunities;
- Raise awareness of rail / bus / bike / pedestrian / car interchange opportunities;
- Assess and record existing public perception of the rail line and knowledge of rail products;
- Improve information provision at stations and in local communities;
- Help identify and target new markets for rail travel and develop products to suit;
- Increase local community involvement in the rail line by building on the existing Station Adopter scheme;
- Strengthen links between the train operating company and the local communities and businesses it serves.
The Partnership Board and advisory group consists of representatives of local stakeholders including:
- Cumbria County Council
- Intu Metrocentre
- Northern Railway
- Northumberland County Council
- Tyne Valley Rail Users Group (TVRUG)
We also have regular contact with local Parish Councils and Councillors along the length of the line, established links with local businesses, tourism organisations (including Northumberland National Park, Hadrian’s Wall Partnership and English Heritage) and other public transport providers.
The Partnership Board are always keen to hear from anyone interested in supporting the railway, in particular, those who could volunteering some time to help with our activities. Please contact The Company Secretary to find out more.